Sunday, October 26, 2008

My BIRTHDAY Weekend!

This year I celebrated my birthday in style! Turning 24 (is it just me, or does 24 sound old?) was a weekend of fun! I was able to take off a bit early from work on Friday and head to Park City with my husband. The entire night (I think it was like 5 hours straight) was spent shopping at the outlets. Like every shopping trip up there, Doug managed to out-shop me! We both bought LOADS of clothes for mere pocket change. Ok, that's a lie, but it was really cheap since we hit great sales. Sounds weird, I know, but he is my best shopping buddy! After unloading our loot at our hotel room, we headed off to find a good place to eat. However, I think we missed some memo that told us that Park City at night is DULL!! It was only 9:00, but we could not find a decent restaurant that was open! We really thought someone forgot to let us in on the secret that if you walked down Main Street after dark you will be shot or something! There was no one around for miles and we felt like we were walking through a ghost town. What kind of tourist city closes down shop so early? I just don't get it. However, we finally found a restaurant that was open, called Bandits Grill and Bar. We were literally the only couple in the whole place. It really was kind of eerie. BUT...it turned out to be an awesome dinner with a great waitress. Just give Doug an all-you-can eat plate of ribs and he's good to go! After the long day of shopping and the long night of walking around trying to find an open restaurant, we were dead and headed back to our hotel. What is it about staying in a hotel that is so fun? I don't know either, but I love it. After sleeping in (which is my favorite thing in the world) we headed home via the Salt Lake route. We stopped in Sandy to eat my favorite avocado turkey sandwich and cauliflower soup at Zupa's. It's the girliest place ever, but since it was my birthday Doug ate with a smile and didn't complain! We arrived home to what was supposed to be a surprise party - however, we arrived about 30 seconds before my family and about 5 minutes before Doug's. They never said they were a punctual family! Although I think it bothered Doug, I didn't care in the slightest and was so glad everyone came over for my birthday. We had eggnog and every kind of pumpkin pie, treat, and ice cream since it's my favorite. I got to open an armful of presents which included a massage/spa treatment from my sweet husband, memory chip for my phone to play music and store pics, Cranium Turbo, Cullen sweatpants (for all of you non-Twilight fans, Edward Cullen is the name of the main vampire), hot cocoa maker & cocoa mix, and a movie. I have the best families who made my birthday a hit!

5 comments:

Stina said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your husband is so sweet to make it all about you. And I love that he's your shopping buddy! And, 24 would sound old to me, but I'm 27!!! Don't you still feel 21? I think I will age but will forever be 21 in my heart!

Carol said...

Oh please - 24 sounding old?!?! I think not. Just enjoy and love each other more and more every day.

abbie higginson said...

okay,first of all, don't even complain about being "old" until you are over 30. and secondly, i'm jealous of the cullen sweats!

Suzanna said...

Happy Birthday late. Ok you and Abbie remember your not "old" until your wearing depends! I can't wait until TWILIGHT. OK I'm still 16 at heart. The countdown is on. Hope you've seen the new preview.

Erin said...

Wedding Favors from Sunflower Favors :)