Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Landon's Visit

It is time for a LONG overdue blog entry.

Because of this...
we got this...
That's right - we got Landon for the weekend while my mom and dad were vacationing in New York! Can't say that it's an even trade (hehe!) but we had a great time with Landon at our house. Thanks to my Grandpa Al and Susan, he was able to stay with them for 2 nights during the week while I had to work. Then he bunked with us Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. His stay was filled with Brick Oven, Parkers Drive Inn (AF), and pizza. Saturday was the most eventful day. Jill, Doug, Kensie, Brooklyn, Mackenzie, and myself went to watch Landon's horseback riding lesson in Highland. I have been to some of his horseshows recently, but not to a lesson for years and I was so impressed! He walks in and knows JUST what to do - he went right along with his business, preparing the horse by brushing his hair, cleaning his hooves, and putting his saddle on. Seriously, this kid is a pro! It was amazing to see him during his lesson too; he understood every command and executed like a professional jockey! He really did an awesome job and everyone was so proud of him (including himself who LOVED having everyone there watching him!)




I had to point out this picture; it's my favorite! Isn't this the cutest?

Following the lesson Jill and Doug had to run to his cousin Lindsey's house in Lehi to install some cabinets. Meanwhile, the rest of us stopped to grab a bite to eat in American Fork at Parker's Drive Inn (the north Utah county equivalent to Glades). I just had to post this picture of Brooklyn. It's almost creepy now how she is eating like an adult! It's just so weird to see a 1-year-old picking up a hamburger and going to town on it! And I caught an unfortunate side of her in this picture and I think it's just hilarious. Doesn't she look possessed or something? We all got a good kick out of it.

Back at the homestead (after waiting for the two installers for what seemed like an eternity) we had ourselves a little Halloween extravaganza! We made a pumpkin roll, played games, carved pumpkins, ate pizza, and watched Hocus Pocus (which I could argue is the best family-friendly Halloween movie out there). We had so much fun!










Sunday was the day that I missed my parents the most. Since we have been married we have never cooked Sunday dinner. We go to my parent's every single week and let my dad do the cooking. And honestly, it's been even longer ago than that. Since we started dating Doug has come over and eaten dinner with my family on Sunday. I'm talking 5 years that we haven't eaten anywhere else! So, it was a bit strange going to church, then coming home and making dinner at our house. Allison joined us for dinner after getting home the night before at 12:30am from her trip to Washington DC. She went with her friend Janna and had the best time! Yes, in case you didn't notice - we were the only ones this week who weren't on vacation!

5 comments:

--MaCkEnZiE-- said...

I am so jealous!!! that was a lot of fun though!!! I could not stop laughing at brooklyns picture LOL LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys. Does Landon take lessons at Courage Reins? One of our puppy raiser friends volunteers there as well. From what I understand, it is an amazing place. Good for Landon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I LOVE that little girl. Her current black eye is priceless (way to go Wes) sooo funny. She's such a doll. Looks like you guys are celebrating the season in a big way! Wish Mark and I could be there on Saturday for the Johnson Party...since when do we do it on a Saturday? Whatever happened to Monday? Anyway, we'll be out of town...bummer. love ya

Kandas said...

I don't tell people nearly enough what I truly think and how much I admire them and so today I am going to make sure that I do. You are an amazing sister! I just love to watch the way you are so patient with Landon and how fun your relationship seems with Allison. I love the pictures and I am sure your parents had such a fun time!!

See ya Saturday, costume and all!! Can't wait to see Doug!!

Kate said...

Erin! Hey how are you!? I was so surprised to see your name on my blog-I think the last time I saw you was just before or just after you and Doug got married! Thanks for commenting..that one was all my husband-he's pretty funny!

Let's keep in touch
Katelyn