Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Canning

Aug-Sept, 2008
I wish I had pictures of us actually making the products, but here's the finished product, none-the-less. Towards the end of the summer I got free apricots and a great recipe from Kandas to make bottles and bottles of Strawberry-Apricot and Raspberry-Apricot jam, which turned out great (thanks again, Kandas). Next on the list was my mom and I, who went hard to work at canning salsa with the free tomatoes I got from Jill. Thanks to my Aunt Sue, the provider of the necessary canning tools and recipe, and teacher in all this, I think we did alright! Following next in line was a few nights with Jill making spaghetti sauce and applesauce. If I do say so myself, I believe I'm becoming a little homemaker! (and don't you just love my little labels?)

No comments: