Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grandpa's Sealing

This Saturday we were able to witness the neatest thing! My Grandpa Al and his wife, Susan, we sealed in the Provo temple. They have been married for...geeze, like 13 years I think. Everything finally worked out so that they could go through the temple together. Little side note story: Right as Doug and I were walking out the door to pick my mom and Landon up to go to the temple, our home phone rang. I have no idea how he got the number, but one of Doug's mission companions was driving through Spanish Fork and wanted to stop and visit. Since he hadn't seen him for 2 years, Doug wanted to have a quick visit. I went on my own with my mom and Landon to the temple, with the promise that Doug would be following right along and wouldn't miss the ceremony at 10:30am. We got to the temple and while in the waiting room, still no Doug. We were then ushered into the sealing room; Still no Doug. The officiator asked if we were missing anyone, and he was told my Aunt Sue and Doug. My heart was just pounding hoping that Doug would make it. After a few very nervous minutes, in walks Aunt Sue next, with Susan Johnson's nephew walking in right after her. The officiator thought it was Doug who walked in, so they went to shut the doors and begin. As the doors were shutting my heart just absolutely dropped. I couldn't believe that Doug had missed it and I just got the sickest feeling. But, then right at the last second, in swoops Doug! Honestly, it was just like in the movies when a door is shutting and someone sticks their hand in at the last second to catch it. I can't even describe the relief! And lucky for Doug, he did make it on time (I didn't think he wanted to witness the wrath of Erin). He got a good giggle from the group for making his grand entry! I was just so glad he was there to support my grandparents. And I'm grateful to everyone who made the effort to be there - it was really important to them to have their family surrounding them. The beautiful ceremony was, of course, followed by pictures and then a dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory (we should have taken another pic with Allison there at the lunch, since she wasn't able to make it to the temple). We were so glad we were invited to be a part of their special day!











The 'gang' at the temple (from left to right):
Top row: Skylar, Brian, Tiffany, Lewis, Diane, Joyce, Riley, Kandas, Dad, Susan, Mom, Janalee, Doug, Me.
Bottom Row: Brady, Mackenzie, Tami, Lecia, Caleb, Creed, Susan, Grandpa, Isaac, Landon

3 comments:

Liss said...

Haha.. Great minds think alike!! Although it was great fun making salsa .. Isn't it great to have it all done .. :)

Auger Family said...

How exciting! :) We need to get together and I think I may have a project for Doug. Heart N Soul is buying a new studio and we want a really nice reception desk! Does he do desks? LOL!

Ben and Jen Shell said...

That is so neat!! Im excited for your Grandma & Grandpa, They are awesome!!