Saturday, May 24, 2008

World's Biggest Bed

Ok, it might not be the world's BIGGEST bed, but it's the biggest I've ever seen. Oh, how I love my husband, but when we are ready to go to sleep, we both need our space. Thus, the wonderful idea for our enormous bed came to life. And since Doug is absolutely amazing at woodwork, this beautiful built-in bed/wall unit only took about a week to complete.
I love this picture because it shows the size of the bed compared to me. And if you'll notice - I even helped out a little bit! In case you have ever tried to find a quilt big enough to cover 2 queen sized beds placed side by side, you know that it's not easy. Therefore, I decided to make one, and I thought it made the bed look that much better! (And this way I can say that I actually contributed to our new bed!)

Doug also built this great dresser to complete our bedroom set. The pictures of both the bed and the dresser don't do them justice - they both turned out awesome!

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a fantastic bed!!! That is what Joe and I need soooo bad. Our queen-sized bed seems to keep shrinking. I think that's one reason I love when we have to sleep in hotels - we always get a king-sized bed. So, congrats on your awesome bed - Doug is incredible.

Kandas said...

Holy Cow!! I can't believe how big it is. I mean, you told me it was big... but... WOW! I love it! I bet you two are in high heaven.

About the weather.. what is up with it? We were camping this last weekend too, in the rain. Fortunately my sense of camping is a cabin and so we still had tons of fun. But it did ruin our 4-wheeling ride!

Landon's seminary graduation pics are cute! Isn't it so fun!! We will see you tomorrow on the big day at UVU.

Amber Shimp! said...

Oh my goodness! Where did you find a mattress that big?

Amber Shimp! said...

Ok, just kidding... I wrote that last comment before reading on about the 2 queens... I got excited a little too quickly...